The Law Offices of Stuart H. Garrison represents injured workers throughout Los Angeles County in proceedings involving claims for workers' compensation, including appeals of denied claims.
Understanding Workers' Compensation Benefits
Employers are required by California law to pay for workers' compensation benefits when employees get hurt or sick because of work. If you have suffered an injury, illness, disability, or death as the result of a workplace incident, you may file a claim for compensation with the Division of Workers' Compensation. Five basic benefits are provided by an employer's workers' compensation insurance:
- Medical care - Healthcare costs must be paid by the employer to help an employee recover from an injury or illness caused by work.
- Temporary disability benefits - These payments cover lost wages resulting from an injury that prevents an employee from doing his or her usual job while recovering.
- Permanent disability benefits - An employee is entitled to these benefits if he or she does not completely recover.
- Supplemental job displacement benefits - If your injury occurred in 2004 or later, these vouchers help pay for retraining or skill enhancement if an employee does not completely recover and do not return to work for his or her employer.
- Death benefits - These are payments to the spouse, children, or other dependents of an employee who dies as the result of work injury or illness.
Effective enforcement of these benefits requires filing an Application for Adjudication with the Workers' Compensation Appeals Board. Attorney Stuart H. Garrison has experience taking claims before the Appeals Board, and he understands that the denial of full benefits can lead to financial hardship as well as other negative repercussions, such as feelings of frustration and anger toward one's employer and the government. Aware of all the issues at play during a claim, Mr. Garrison will fight for your rights as an employee, working to ensure that you receive the full of amount of benefits to which you are entitled under the law.
Beyond simply retaining legal counsel in the event of a dispute, it is important to educate yourself about your rights and responsibilities so that you can make informed and confident decisions, and ultimately follow the best course of action for you and your family. Mr. Garrison believes in working with his clients to achieve their objectives, acting as a coach in a collaborative team effort. He helps injured employees weigh their options and assess their unique circumstances, always striving to empower his clients by sharing knowledge and encouraging active participation throughout the legal process.
Seek Experienced Representation
If you feel that your employer or its insurer has not properly compensated you for a work-related injury, illness, disability, or death, and you are serious about pursuing your workers' compensation claim, please contact the Law Offices of Stuart H. Garrison. Mr. Garrison possesses the experience and legal acumen to help you obtain the full amount of benefits to which you are entitled under California law.