When Your Job Is Threatened,
Let Me Do Mine.
Request a Consultation

Workers' Compensation
Attorney in Los Angeles, California

California’s workers’ compensation law helps employees who have been injured on the job get the medical coverage and compensation they need for recovery. Workers’ compensation is a “no-fault” system and your employer is required by law to pay for Workers’ Compensation Insurance for all employees.

Though you are not required to have legal representation to move forward with a workers’ compensation claim, you should keep in mind that your employer’s insurance will have a competent attorney. If there are any disputes, you should be properly represented and have your best interests looked after.

Turn to me at the Law Offices of Stuart H. Garrison for representation in your workers' compensation claim. Schedule a consultation today at my office in Los Angeles to start discussing your case. I work with clients across Southern California, including residents of Santa Monica, Torrance, and Marina del Rey.

Who Handles Workers’ Compensation Claims?

The Division of Workers’ Compensation (DWC) monitors and provides administrative judicial services to resolve disputes between the claimant and the respondent (i.e. the employee and the employer’s insurance company) involved with any workers’ compensation case.

The DWC’s objective is to alleviate any adverse impact of job-related injuries and work with claimants pursuing the compensation they need to properly recover and return to work if possible.

Seek the Benefits You Deserve

Get Started Now

Understanding Workers' Compensation Benefits

Employers are required by California law to pay for workers' compensation benefits when employees get hurt or sick because of their work environment. If you have suffered an injury, illness, or disability, as the result of a workplace incident, you may file a claim for compensation with the Division of Workers' Compensation. Five basic benefits are provided by an employer's workers' compensation insurance:

  • Medical care - Healthcare costs must be paid by the employer to help an employee recover from an injury or illness caused by work.

  • Temporary disability benefits - These payments cover lost wages resulting from an injury that prevents an employee from doing his or her usual job while recovering.

  • Permanent disability benefits - An employee is entitled to these benefits if he or she does not completely recover.

  • Supplemental job displacement benefits - If your injury occurred in 2004 or later, these vouchers help pay for retraining or skill enhancement if an employee does not completely recover and does not return to work for his or her employer.

  • Death benefits - These are payments to the spouse, children, or other dependents of an employee who dies as the result of work injury or illness.

  • Ensuring execution of these benefits requires filing an Application for Adjudication with the Workers' Compensation Appeals Board, which the Law Offices of Stuart H. Garrison are ready to help with.

The Right Attorney for You

I have experience taking claims before the Appeals Board, and I understand that the denial of full benefits can lead to financial hardship as well as other negative repercussions, such as feelings of frustration and anger toward one's employer and the government. Aware of all the issues at hand during these types of claims, I will fight for your rights as an employee, working to ensure that you receive the full amount of benefits to which you are entitled under the law.

If you feel that your employer or its insurer has not properly compensated you for a work-related injury, illness, disability, or death, and you are serious about pursuing your workers' compensation claim, contact me at the Law Offices of Stuart H. Garrison today. I defend clients in Los Angeles and throughout Southern California. Discover how I can represent you after a workplace injury in Santa Monica, Torrance, or Marina del Rey.

Workers' Compensation Attorney in Los Angeles, California

Have you been injured on the job? Are you looking to get compensation for your medical expenses and other recovery costs? Learn how I can help you file a claim, pursue the max amount of benefits allowed, and represent you against your employer's insurance company should there be any dispute. Contact me at the Law Offices of Stuart H. Garrison today.